Sunday, November 9, 2008

Make Your Own Toilet Bowl Cleaner

The first thing you might wonder is: "Why?" Well, I like to make my own toilet cleaner because:
  • It's very cheap
  • I don't run out of it all the time like I did with the store-bought stuff
  • It's better for the environment and my health
  • It makes the toilet sparkle

Want to try it? Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup Borax laundry booster powder (find it in the laundry aisle)
1 cup white vinegar

  1. Pour the vinegar evenly around the edges of the bowl, coating as much of the surface as possible.
  2. Sprinkle the Borax all over the bowl.
  3. Leave for at least two hours or overnight.
  4. Brush with a toilet brush and then flush.

Very little brushing should be necessary. If you soak it overnight, you may not need to scrub at all.

No comments: