Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

This is a delicious alternative to actual french fries. And they are FANTASTIC! Give them a try and I'm sure you'll agree!

1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (preferably the easy release kind).

Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.

Place the sweet potatoes into a resealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.

Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, until slightly browned. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I love sweet potato fries! Can't wait to try these.

Sarah said...

These were phenomenal! Allyson kept begging for more like they were candy. And I ate so many I got a tummy ache. Yum!

Sharon said...

I read this one a while back and remembered it last night when we were grilling...I cut the potato into small chunks, and seasoned as in this recipe. We cooked it on the grill in a grill pan, and it turned out really delicious!

Kristina said...

Yea! I'm so glad you enjoyed them. They are a Freeland family favorite in our house.